This simple, healthy chicken salad is made with breast meat from a cooked rotisserie chicken, fresh lemon and dill. Fast and easy, and perfect for all diets including low-carb, keto, Whole30, Paleo, gluten-free and of course, Weight Watchers.
I love having easy lunches in my refrigerator for when I need a quick lunch on the go. Keeping my refrigerator stocked with healthy lunch options prevents me from getting hangry, and making bad choices! A few of my go-tos lately are chickpea egg salad, chickpea tuna salad, and asparagus, egg and bacon salad. This chicken salad is great when I want something low-carb, inspired from my local health food store. It’s so simple, made with just 4 ingredients not counting salt!
It’s super quick to make with rotisserie chicken you can purchase in most supermarkets cheap, which makes for a juicy, tender chicken salad but you can also cook the chicken breasts yourself if you wish in the slow cooker or poach it on the stove.
How To Cook Chicken Breast in the Slow Cooker
To cook the chicken in the slow cooker, cover the chicken with enough chicken broth (or water and salt) to cover, about 2 to 3 cups. Cover and cook on low until the chicken easily shreds, about 4 hours.
Chicken Salad Tips and Variations
- Other herbs would be wonderful here, swap the dill for basil, chives or parsley.
- You can serve this so many ways. If you want to keep it low carb, serve this with salad greens and cucumbers, in lettuce cups, or make a lettuce wrap. To serve with grains, this would be great with a quinoa salad, bean salad, in a wrap or on whole grain bread.
- You can refrigerate up to 4 days.
Chicken Salad with Lemon and Dill
This simple, healthy chicken salad is made with breast meat from a cooked rotisserie chicken, fresh lemon and dill. Fast and easy, and perfect for all diets including low-carb, keto, Whole30, Paleo and of course, Weight Watchers.
- 10 1/2 ounces cooked skinless boneless chicken breasts (from 1 whole rotisserie chicken)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Remove the chicken legs, wings and thighs from the rotisserie chicken and set aside for another meal.
- Remove the skin from the 2 breasts and remove the meat from the bones. Break the chicken into chunks with your hands or a knife and place into a large bowl. Add the fresh dill, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil and salt.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Yield: 3 servings, Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 1
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 207 calories
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Sodium: 167mg
- Carbohydrates: 1.4g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 31g
All images and text ©